Tulum is such a dreamy beach destination, so it’s no surprise that it was where we decided to go on our honeymoon! We absolutely loved Tulum (even though it was pretty expensive). The pristine beach and list of restaurants that rival the best of NYC is enough to make me want to book a return trip for our anniversary! Enjoy this Quick Guide to Tulum.
WHERE TO STAY
- We had an incredible honeymoon stay at Luv Tulum, and highly recommend this boutique property. It’s such a unique place, and the rooms are located right in the sand! Check out my review for more pictures and details.
WHAT TO SEE & DO
- The Tulum Ruins are a popular sight, but I did find it a bit underwhelming. It was incredibly hot (there’s no shade!) and it’s absolutely packed with tourist groups from all of the all-inclusive resorts. I think it’s still worth visiting, but I would time your visit for first thing in the morning to beat the crowds!
- Visiting a cenote is an absolute MUST! After visiting 4 or 5 in the last few years, Grand Cenote is my favourite. It’s a popular one, so try to go right at opening before it gets busy. It’s a good mix of “authentic vibes” and comfortable amenities (showers, lockers, etc.).
- Another really fun thing to do in Tulum is rent bikes and explore the area. Bikes are available for rent almost everywhere (some hotels even have them for free with your stay!).
- Lastly, the shopping is fantastic in Tulum (although it is expensive) so be sure to set some time aside to explore the boutiques!
WHERE TO EAT
- There are so many great restaurant in Tulum, and if you want to see my full list be sure to check out my Tulum Restaurant Guide.
- For cheap tacos on the beach, you have to visit Taqueria La Eufemia. It’s easily my favourite place in Tulum!
- Simple is a great restaurant for fresh seafood. This ward-winning restaurant will not disappoint you.
- For an authentic, local lunch check out Pollo Bronco. They make delicious chicken, and it’s one of the most budget-friendly spots in Tulum.
- If you’re looking for a more causal spot for a smoothie, Matcha Mama is great!
WHERE TO DRINK
- In Tulum Town, is a cute spot called Batey Mojito Bar that makes… you guessed it… Mojitos! What makes this place truly unique is that their mojitos are made with fresh sugar cane. If you can handle some serious heat, their habanero mojito is amazing.
- Taqueria La Eufemia is my favourite place for tacos – but they also have a daily 2-for-1 cocktails from 6pm – 8pm. I love their margaritas!