One of the most Canadian things you can do (and also one of 150 Canadian Things on my list) is to drink a ‘Double Double’ from Tim Hortons. For my non-Canadian readers, a Double Double is Canada’s most popular coffee order – two sugars and two creams. When Tim Hortons agreed to team up with me for an Instagram giveaway, I jumped at the chance to photograph this iconic brand in a very Canadian location: Dundas Peak!
Dundas Peak is located near Hamilton, in the same conservation area as Webster Falls and Tews Falls. The trails are well-maintained and the peaceful walk takes you to a stunning lookout where you see nothing but trees below. I had been patiently waiting for the autumn leaves to arrive so I could capture the view from Dundas Peak in a rainbow of fall colours. Enjoy the pics, and read below for tips on planning your own visit to Dundas Peak.
HOW TO GET TO DUNDAS PEAK
- Dundas Peak is located in Dundas, Ontario – just outside of Hamilton. The walk from the parking lot to Dundas Peak is easy, and the trails are well maintained. You can view the exact location of Dundas Peak right here on Google Maps. To find the parking lot, search 577 Harvest Road on Google Maps to navigate yourself to the general area.
- Parking at the parking lot is $10 per car, and entry is $5 per person. If you find parking elsewhere then it’s possible to enter for free. Pay close attention to street signs, as I saw lots of cars with parking tickets for illegal parking!
WHAT TO SEE
- Follow the tail signs for Dundas Peak to enjoy the lookout like I did.
- Once you’ve made the effort to get here, you might as well check out Webster Falls and Tews Falls during the same visit!
WHAT TO BRING
- Coffee, Timbits and your favourite snacks from Tim Hortons
- Running shoes
- A blanket to sit on