With the exception of when I was travelling overseas, I’ve done a wine tour in Niagara-On-The-Lake 2-4 times every year. It’s one of my favourite weekend getaways in Ontario, and I never miss the opportunity to organize a tour when one of my friends suggests going! Through the years I’ve had a chance to try out nearly every company that provides tours, and each of them have been slightly different.
What makes a good wine tour, and how do you choose one? That depends on how you want your day to unfold! I love tours that are laid-back, fun and involve a generous amount of wine. I also like tours that visit smaller wineries because they are typically more personal (and generous) than the larger wineries. The wine tour company that checks all the boxes for me is Crush on Niagara! [If the name sounds familiar, that’s because I blogged about them briefly back in 2013]
To celebrate the birthday of two of my close friends, I organized a wine tour with Crush on Niagara a few weeks ago for a group of 18. Crush on Niagara was so awesome at organizing a tour that allowed us to visit four different wineries, and included a very unique activity – bottling our own signature wine at Caroline Cellars!
Here’s a look at pictures we snapped throughout the day, and a bit of information on the tour:
- “Building Brix” Tour [book your tour here]
- First stop: Konzelmann Estate Winery where we sampled incredible ice wine
- Second stop: Caroline Cellars where we bottled our own wine
- Third stop: Nomad at Hinderbrook Winery where we sipped wine outside under a beautiful tree
- Forth Stop: Between the Lines where we got to meet one of the winemakers