Varadero is home to stunning beaches and plenty of all-inclusive resorts that attract travellers from all over the world. This Quick Guide to Varadero includes everything you need to know to plan the perfect vacation!
WHERE TO STAY
- For a luxurious stay, try Royalton Hicacos Varadero Resort or Melia Las Americas.
- If you’re on a tight budget check out Hotel Roc Arenas Doradas.
WHAT TO SEE & DO
- The absolute best thing to do in Varadero is to catch one of the stunning sunsets on the beach. Some of the most beautiful sunsets I’ve ever seen were in Varadero.
- Varadero also has one of the nicest beaches I’ve been to, so give yourself plenty of time to relax on the beach with a pina colada in hand!
- The Varadero Street Market is a great place to buy souvenirs. Prices are reasonable and the locals are very friendly.
- Rum-lovers should check out the House of Rum – a mini-museum and rum shop.
- If you’re visiting Varadero as part of an all-inclusive package and you’d like to see a bit more of Cuba than I highly suggest doing a day trip to Havana. These can be arranged at your hotel.
WHERE TO EAT
- Barracuda is a great beachfront restaurant where you can get affordable fresh fish dinners.
- Casa de Al not only has a good selection of food, but the house is stunning and the ocean views are amazing. This is one of my favourite spots in all of Cuba!
- Varadero 60 is another popular restaurant in Varadero. This is a great place to go if you’re tired of the food at your resort and need something different.
WHERE TO DRINK
- The Beatles Bar is a great place for a night out.
- We’ve never eaten at El Caney, but the pina coladas here are incredible! If you’re looking for great cocktails then I’d highly recommend stopping here.
MORE ARTICLES ABOUT VARADERO