Ontario’s premier ski destination happens to be quite the luxurious destination in itself. Whether you’re visiting as a family, a couple or even a bachelorette party there’s something for everyone in this picturesque ski town. Here’s everything you need to know in our Quick Guide to Collingwood:
WHERE TO STAY
- There’s only one place we recommend visitors stay, and that’s Craigleith Manor. This luxurious bed & breakfast is perfectly located near Blue Mountain Village and the rooms are stunning.
WHAT TO SEE & DO
- Blue Mountain Village is the hub of activities in Collingwood, and this is where you’ll find ski hills, skating rinks, etc.
- No trip to Collingwood is complete without a trip to the world-renowned Scandinave Spa. We highly recommend allowing yourself 4-5 hours here to truly enjoy it.
- Finish up your visit with a yoga class at Iwa Spa in their restorative hot rock studio.
- The Georgian Trail runs through Collingwood, and it’s a great trail to walk, snowshoe or cross country ski.
WHERE TO EAT
- Head to TheSmoke for delicious pulled pork, baked beans and mac & cheese. This is the ideal meal after a long day of winter activities!
- For great food, a good selection of beer and a fun atmosphere check out Northwinds Brewery & Eatery.
- Tholos in Blue Mountain Village has been a long-time favourite of tourists and locals alike. Treat yourself to a decent meal here after a day of skiing.
- One of our favourite Toronto restaurants, Oliver & Bonacini, has a location inside the Westin Hotel in Blue Mountain Village. You can always rely on this place for quality food and good wine.
- Thornbury Bakery & Cafe is just a short drive from Collingwood and they have some delicious pies and cinnamon buns.
- If you need lunch in a hurry, Blue Mountain Village has a Pita Pit! We loved their healthy pitas as an alternative to fast food.