Koh Phangan is famous for the Full Moon Parties, but it turns out the island is also home to great restaurants and beautiful beaches too! Find out everything you need to know in this Quick Guide to Koh Phangan.
WHERE TO STAY
- We recommend Sunset Cove Resort on the west side of the island. Their affordable bungalows are right near the beach, the restaurant is great and the ocean views from the pool are unforgettable!
WHAT TO SEE & DO
- The beaches are awesome on this island, especially towards the north west corner. Spend the day snorkelling, kayaking or swimming off the coast!
- The island’s best known for it’s legendary Full Moon Parties that happen every month. If your visit lines up with the full moon consider yourself lucky!
- Several times per month there’s an insane pool party called Slip N Fly with the most ridiculous (and fun) water slides I’ve ever seen.
WHERE TO EAT
- Tantawan on the west coast has amazing French food as well as the best pad thai we’ve had on the island. They have stunning views as well.
- The saturday night market in Thong Sala has plenty of food vendors and makes for a fun dinner.
- For delicious pizza and pasta try Mandolini’s, also in Thong Sala.