One of Thailand’s largest and most popular islands is Koh Samui. Only a short flight from Bangkok and you’ll arrive in tropical paradise! This guide to Koh Samui has everything you need to know about accommodation, restaurants and activities.
WHERE TO STAY
- For a relaxing stay at a beautiful resort check out Santiburi Beach Resort & Spa. They have a secluded section of pristine beach and each guest is given their own villa in lieu of a standard hotel room.
WHAT TO SEE & DO
- You’re on an island, so forget about sightseeing and just head to the beach! Mae Nam is my faovurite beach, followed by Bophut and Chaweng.
- When the sun sets the best way to spend your night is with The Thai Experience – Koh Samui’s only closed door restaurant and dining experience!
- If you really want to see more than just beaches check out Big Buddha on the north end of the island.
- In the middle of the island you’ll also find a few waterfalls.
- If you happen to have a rainy day or need a break from the heat check out Central Festival for some shopping. They also have a nice theatre if you want to catch a movie.
- Shopping around Chaweng Beach or Fisherman’s Village is also good!
WHERE TO EAT
- June’s Art Café has the freshest health foods – like incredible salads, soups and even a chicken burrito. Great juices here too!
- There’s an excellent night market at The Wharf (Fisherman’s Village) on Monday & Friday nights. Friday is the bigger night, but there are still a lot of food vendors on Mondays.
- Ninja Crepes ha great no-frills authentic Thai food. I love their cashew chicken stir fry!
- By far the best meal we had on Koh Samui was the dinner we had at The Thai Experience.
WHERE TO DRINK
- Chaweng is the area of Koh Samui with the exciting nightlife, with countless bars and nightclubs in this area.
- For evening entertainment check out a lady boy cabaret show or a Muay Thai fight!