Penang and its popular city of George Town are drastically different from the rest of Malaysia. I love the amazing food, the beautiful street art and the boutique hotels. Penang is my favourite spot in Malaysia and no trip to the area would be complete without stopping here first. Here’s everything you need to know in our quick guide to Penang:
WHERE TO STAY
- For a luxury boutique hotel stay at Hotel Penaga. The location is perfect and the rooms are stunning. I also really love their pool!
WHAT TO SEE & DO
- Strolling the streets of George Town in search of the amazing street art is one of the best things you can do in Penang!
- If you’re short on time consider joining a photography tour so a guide can take you to all the best spots.
- Penang Hill is a great spot to get a panoramic view of the island, but be aware that it can get very busy here!
WHERE TO EAT
- Street food is very popular in Penang, and dishes like laksa are a must-try!
- For incredible dim sum check out Tai Tong Restaurant.
- For dessert, head to Busy Bodhi Cafe for coconut ice cream topped with peanuts.
- Selfie Coffee is a really fun cafe where they add your selfie to the foam on top of your drink!