Sepang is a lesser known destination in Malaysia, but one of my favourites! Stunning views, great food and one of the best resorts in all of Malaysia make this a spot to add to your bucket list. Here’s everything you need to know in our Quick Guide to Sepang:
WHERE TO STAY
- The only hotel worth mentioning in Sepang is AVANI Sepang Gold Coast Resort. The entire resort is shaped like a palm tree and it’s made up of overwater villas!
WHAT TO SEE & DO
- Sepang is best known for it’s Formula 1 race track! Attending a race doesn’t come cheap, but it’s a once in a lifetime opportunity and one of the main draws to Sepang!
- Extreme Park is home to a go kart track, ATV trails, paint balling and more. If you’re looking for a day of fun than this is your place!
WHERE TO EAT
- The best restaurant in Sepang is Hai Sang Lou! This luxury Chinese restaurant has ocean views and picture-perfect dishes. Don’t miss the Chinese beef and the seafood rice.
- For Malaysian classics try Sepoi-Sepoi. It’s located on the beach at AVANI Sepang resort and the Char Kuey Teow is fantastic. I also loved their Hainanese Chicken Rice (the rice is made with coconut milk)!
WHERE TO DRINK
- Sunset drinks overlooking the ocean at Selat Bar is the best way to spend your night in Sepang.
- My favourite Sepang restaurant Hai Sang Lou also makes amazing drinks.