The capital city of Malaysia is a chaotic but charming city with a unique mix of Chinese and Arabic influences. The architecture in the city is pretty fascinating and the variety of food is world-renowned! Here’s everything you need to know in our Quick Guide to Kuala Lumpur:
WHERE TO STAY
- The Mandarin Oriental is the best luxury hotel in the city, and it’s located right next to the Petronas Towers. Expect beautiful rooms and superior service.
- If you want a retreat-style accommodation than Villa Samandhi is a wonderful property.
WHAT TO SEE & DO
- A pic of the Petronas Towers should be on the top of your KL to-do list! I love the view of the towers best from the nearby kiddie pool.
- The “I Love KL” sign at the Kuala Lumpur City Gallery is another spot for a great photo opt!
- Sri Mahamariamman Temple is beautiful and full of colour – making it another great spot for pictures.
- The market in Chinatown on Jalan Petaling is bustling and filled with weird food, tasty fruit juices and lots of shopping.
- Batu Caves is another popular sight, but I found it to be a bit disappointed since the caves were filled with garbage for tourists.
WHERE TO EAT
- For a local experience check out Asia Cafe for a hawker-style market. The Vietnamese vegetable rolls were my fav!
- Coconut ice cream is really popular in this city, try Sangkaya or Nutty Coco.
- For an epic brunch session head to Jibby & Co! Everything from their salads to their eggs florentine are delicious.
- Ole Ole Bali has great Indonesian food. The Tipat Cantuk salad was my favourite.