I fell in love with Singapore instantly. It’s a big bustling city that has a unique balance of Asian and Western influence. The food is incredible, the hotels are world-renowned and the city is one of the most beautiful in the world thanks to the government’s interest in public parks! This is one city you’ll want to visit again and again. Here’s everything you need to know in our Quick Guide to Singapore:
WHERE TO STAY
- Marina Bay Sands is not only the most famous hotel in Singapore, but probably in the entire world. Staying here gets you exclusive access to their rooftop pool.
- When budget is a factor there’s nowhere better to stay than Parc Sovereign Hotel on Tyrwhitt Street. Incredible value and all-around great hotel!
WHAT TO SEE & DO
- Gardens by the Bay is spectacular and worth a few hours of your time. Try to visit during that day and night to really experience it’s beauty.
- The observation deck at Marina Bay Sands is worth a visit – but access to the SkyPark does not give you access to the pool (guests only).
- Sentosa Island is home of endless activities and Universal Studios.
- Haji Lane near Arab Street is a bustling street with colourful buidlings.
- For shopping the best area is Orchard Road, where you’ll find dozens of shopping malls.
- Little India is another fun area to explore – full of marketing and picturesque streets.
- The Artscience Museum is an incredible building with occasional free exhibits.
WHERE TO EAT
- Toss & Turn is the best place in Singapore to grab a fresh, healthy and generously sized salad.
- Don’t miss the coconut ice cream at Pong! It even comes with a free glass of coconut water.
- For no-fuss cheap Thai food check out Jai Thai.
- Luk Yu makes damn good dumplings and they’re conveniently located in Ion Orchard.
- Fill-A-Pita makes delicious labne and veggie filled pitas near the business district.