If you want picturesque views of the ocean and a rocky coast line, than Jimbaran is for you! This city in the south of Bali has some pretty incredible sights and killer sunsets. Add in some fabulous hotels and you’ve got one great vacation destination!
WHERE TO STAY
- For a luxury resort stay that’s close to the beach you can’t miss Le Meridien Bali. Great service, amazing rooms and a really fun lagoon pool. The food at their restaurant is also incredible – easily the best chef in Jimbaran!
- If you prefer a quieter hotel than La Joya II Biu-Biu is a great option! They have beautiful bungalows and awesome ocean views.
- For even more privacy La Cabane is a small property with only 4 villas. The property has nice ocean views and you can also access a private beach via a nearby staircase.
WHAT TO SEE & DO
- Bingin Beach is beautiful and popular with surfers – well worth a visit!
- Jimbaran also has plenty of hidden beaches and cave beaches that can be explored around the coastline by motorbike.
- There are a few surf schools in Jimbaran if you feel like taking a lesson. The water isn’t as calm as Legian Beach in Seminyak, but you can still give it a try!
- The sunsets are really the biggest draw to Jimbaran, so make sure by 5pm you’ve got a great place to view it with a drink in hand!
WHERE TO EAT
- Since Jimbaran still operates as a fishing village you can’t miss the chance to eat fresh fish! Menega Cafe is my favourite restaurant for fresh seafood in Jimbaran, and you can’t beat their amazing ambiance.
- Bamboo Chic at Le Meridien offers a great selection of eastern and western dishes. Everything is of the highest quality! Their burgers and laksa soup are particularly good.
- For pittaya bowls and incredible smoothies check out Kelly’s Warung.
- When you’re craving some Mexican-inspired dishes or flatbread pizzas check out Cafe La Vida.
WHERE TO DRINK
- Rock Bar is probably Bali’s most famous bar, but it’s comes with a high price tag and large crowds (not to mention long lines to get in).
- Drop by La Joya II Biu-Biu for a drink at sunset and enjoy their uncrowded, affordable and unobstructed view of the sunset!