Ubud is the kind of city where you leave a changed person. It’s a special place, and a city known for healing. The green rice fields, the yoga studios and the fantastic food make this a place to unwind and relax. You’ll find everything you need to know in this Quick Guide to Ubud:
WHERE TO STAY
- For a resort-style stay with yoga classes, plenty of activities and a great restaurant stay at Puri Gangga Resort.
- If you prefer a quiet setting than Sunset Hill, with it’s stunning views, is our top pick!
- When you want to be close to Ubud Centre and want excellent value Sri Ratih Cottages is a fantastic choice.
- For unmatched levels of service and a relaxing B&B stay we’d recommend the luxurious Villa Sabandari.
WHAT TO SEE & DO
- One of the funnest things you can do in Ubud is visit Monkey Forest! This public park in the middle of the city is a known spot for monkeys and I guarantee you’ll get plenty of great pictures here.
- A photo tour is a great way to get to see more of Ubud and improve your photography skills. David Metcalf Photography offers half day and full day tours that I highly recommend.
- Mango Tree Spa by L’Occitane is the city’s best spa – and as soon as you see their treetop treatment rooms you’ll understand why!
- Ubud is known for yoga, so while you’re there be sure to drop into a yoga class. Yoga Barn is probably the best studio in the city, but many hotels offer classes to.
WHERE TO EAT
- Taco Casa is one of the best Mexican restaurants I’ve ever eaten at! I’m a big fan of their Seminyak location, and their Ubud restaurant is just as good.
- For great Balinese food visit Warung Pulau Kelapa. I’d recommend visiting at lunch time so you can visit their impressive garden as well.
- If you can get past the obnoxious amount of man buns in Alchemy then I’d highly recommend stopping here for lunch. Their juices, salads and parfaits are amazing.
- Craving Italian? Black Beach just might be the best pizza outside of Naples! Their bruschetta is damn good too.
MORE ARTICLES ABOUT UBUD
- Hotel Review: Puri Gangga Resort
- Hotel Review: Sunset Hill
- Hotel Review: Sri Ratih Cottages
- Hotel Review: Villa Sabandari
- Mango Tree Spa by L’Occitane
- Elephant Bath & Breakfast with eOasia
- Visiting Monkey Forest
- Purification Ceremony on Ganah Melukat Sebatu
- Ubud Photography Tour with David Metcalf Photography