Only 30 minutes from Seminyak yet it feels worlds apart! Sanur is a bit quieter, great for families and very walkable. We loved this city because of the stunning beach and the affordable dining. You’ll find everything you need to know in this Quick Guide to Sanur:
WHERE TO STAY
- If you like smaller, boutique hotels with great service and traditional style stay at Nesa Sanur. This is a quiet property located on the main street in Sanur within walking distance to everything, including the beach.
- For a larger, beachfront hotel there’s nowhere better than Tandjung Sari for luxury and complete relaxation. Their service is fantastic and their two-level bungalows are beautiful.
WHAT TO SEE & DO
- The beach in Sanur is beautiful and well worth a visit for a day!
- Water sports are common in Sanur. Jet skis, stand up paddle boards and kayaks can all be rented.
- Yoga is also popular in Sanur, with plenty of studios available for drop-in classes.
- Spas are fairly cheap in Sanur (cheaper than Seminyak) and you can get a one-hour massage for as low as $4. If you want to pamper yourself, Sanur is the place to do it!
WHERE TO EAT
- Don’t miss the Sanur Night Market for cheap local food and a fun night out. The chicken satays are the best here!
- Warung Little Bird had traditional Bali dishes in a great atmosphere and competitive pricing.
- For beachfront dining try Lilla Pantai for sandwiches, salads and burgers!
- For a comprehensive Sanur restaurant guide check out the link at the end of this guide. Restaurants in Sanur are really quite fantastic!