Seminyak has quickly grown into Bali’s best tourist destination. Endless hotels, incredible shopping and some pretty amazing restaurants fill the streets. No matter how much time you plan on spending in Bali, Seminyak should be your first stop! You’ll find everything you need to know in this Quick Guide to Seminyak:
WHERE TO STAY
- For a very affordable stay near the beach my top choice is Ossotel. It’s a new hotel with great amenities and a popular restaurant!
- If you’re visiting Bali on your honeymoon you can’t go wrong with Samaja Villas Kunti. They’re very private and each villa comes with it’s own pool.
- The Wolas Villas and Spa is a stunning property with spacious villas, huge private pools and the loveliest staff in Bali. Their villas would be perfect for travelling with a group of friends.
- For a luxurious stay my all-time favourite is Villa Kubu. Their villas are absolutely massive, but they come with a higher price tag. Bali’s best splurge location for sure!
- Astana Kunti is the best hotel for families travelling on a budget. Their apartments are spacious and affordable.
WHAT TO SEE & DO
- If you’re ever wanted to try surfing, Seminyak is the best place in the world to learn! The waves we’re so perfectly sized and timed that I literally stood up on my first wave!! There are lots of schools to choose from, we went with Up2U Surf School based on their competitive pricing and free hotel pick-up.
- Shopping is fantastic in Seminyak, with tons of home decor shops, clothing boutiques and outlets.
- Spas are incredibly cheap here, and you can pamper yourself with a 4 hour spa session for less then $100!
WHERE TO EAT
- For delicious and healthy smoothie bowls visit Nalu Bowls. Their Uluwatu bowl is my fav!
- Taco Casa is unbelievably good Mexican food!
- For affordable meals with a beach view visit Hawaiian Bistro in Discovery Mall.
- Visit the Smokehouse for pulled pork sandwiches.
- Shelter Cafe (located above Nalu Bowls) has amazing juices, sandwiches and salads.
- Romeos at the Ossotel hotel has great food and it’s a lively atmosphere with live music most nights.
WHERE TO DRINK
- You can’t miss La Plancha for sunset drinks. Coloured beach bags cover the sandy beach. With a cold drinks and house music in the background La Plancha is the perfect place to watch the sun go down!
- The famous Potato Head Beach Club is another favourite at mine – best for daytime parties. Their cocktails are fantastic, but pricey.
- Ku De Ta is a beautiful beachfront restaurant and club with a high price tag. Stop by for a drink at sunset and find them on social media to check for special events!