Brisbane is Australia’s most underrated city! It’s a cosmopolitan city with restaurants along the riverbank, a casino, great hotels and a large number of rooftop bars. The fantastic weather and abundance of shopping doesn’t hurt either! You’ll find everything you need to know in this Quick Guide to Brisbane:
WHERE TO STAY
- Capri by Fraser is a brand new hotel in the perfect location downtown Brisbane. They have great decor and even better staff!
- Meriton Serviced Apartments on Adelaide Street have an awesome view of the Brisbane River and Story Bridge.
WHAT TO SEE & DO
- The most exciting thing to do in Brisbane is rock climbing in the middle of the city with Riverlife.
- For a real adrenaline rush go skydiving with Jump the Beach Brisbane.
- Not far from Brisbane you can cuddle koalas at Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary.
- South Bank is an awesome neighbourhood in Brisbane. I love visiting South Bank during the day and at night, there’s always something to do here.
- A great way to see the city is from a boat. An affordable way to do this is to hop on a ferry!
WHERE TO EAT
- Miel Container has the best burgers in the city! Their fries are pretty good too, and they have homemade sauces to add to your meal.
- Sage on Ann makes killer sandwiches and they’re reasonable priced too!
- For the best Acai bowl of your life go to either one of the Kiss the Berry locations.
- The burritos, tacos and nachos at Burrito Bar are amazing.
WHERE TO DRINK
- Riverbar & Kitchen has fantastic outdoor seating along the river. A great place for drinks!
- Jimmy’s on the Mall is located in the middle of a pedestrian shopping street. It’s the perfect place for a beer between sightseeing and shopping.