Australia’s Gold Coast has quickly become one of the country’s most popular vacation spots. There are plenty of new hotels, cocktail bars and restaurants – not to mention the endless list of activities!
WHERE TO STAY
- Ultra Broadbeach is a great hotel overlooking the ocean in Broadbeach. They have a beautiful pool and they’re walking distance to amazing restaurants. This place is a real gem!
- Palazzo Versace is Gold Coast’s most luxurious property and worth a visit. This hotel is exceptionally beautiful, but the location isn’t great if you don’t have a rental car.
WHAT TO SEE & DO
- Gold Coast is known for their theme parks, and the best one to visit is Movie World.
- Water sports are hugely popular here – try parasailing or rent a jet ski!
- Surfers Paradise has great shopping, or you can visit Pacific Fair mall to get your retail fix.
- SkyPoint at the Q1 Resort has an incredible view of the city and beach.
WHERE TO EAT
- Brooklyn Depot is a must! You can’t leave the Gold Coast without trying their American-style food.
- Breakfast at Onyx is both affordable and delicious. Order the smashed avocado and egg toast.
- The tapas and sharing dishes at Social Eating House are perfect for a group dinner.
- The Surfers Paradise Surf Club has cheap, no-frills lunch and it’s located across the street from the beach.
WHERE TO DRINK
- Stingray at the QT Hotel is a popular bar with great drinks, a fun crowd and awesome DJs.
- The cocktails at Social Eating House are insanely good! “Act of Violets” was my favourite.
- Moo Moo is the perfect place for a glass of wine.