Byron Bay is my favourite destination in Australia. It’s the laid-back hippie vibe I expected from the rest of Australia, filled with the cutest cafes, surfers and clothing boutiques. You can’t come to Australia without visiting Byron! Here’s my guide to Byron Bay:
WHERE TO STAY
- Atlantic Byron Bay is a trendy hotel – it’s my top choice for Byron Bay
- For a luxury stay, try The Villas of Byron.
WHAT TO SEE & DO
- You can’t visit Byron Bay without getting up at 5am to catch the sunrise at the lighthouse! Byron is the most easterly point in Australia – so you’ll be the first to see the sun.
- Byron Bay is a popular surf town, and a great place to learn too! There are plenty of options for surf lessons here.
- Shopping is amazing in Byron – be sure to check out Spell Designs Boutique.
WHERE TO EAT
- The Lazy Italian is fantastic no-frills Italian food at competitive prices. The small restaurant has a great vibe and makes for a fun dinner.
- Byron Fresh Cafe is a great choice for breakfast, or a midmorning coffee. Grab a seat on the sidewalk to people watch.
- Acai bowls at Byron Juice Bar are to die for.
- The burgers at Beloporto are pretty fantastic – and they also make for a budget-friendly meal.
WHERE TO DRINK
- Beach Hotel is always busy and the perfect place to grab drinks anytime of the day (or night).