People either love Naples, or hate it. I couldn’t get enough! I loved the underground feeling to this cool city, and I especially loved the shopping. Add in the amazing food and great hotels and this quickly became one of my favourite cities in Italy! This guide to Naples has everything you need to know to plan the perfect Napoli getaway.
WHERE TO STAY
- Una Hotel Napoli is an awesome hotel with cute rooms, a rooftop restaurant and a great location near the train station. If you’re only staying in Naples briefly between visits to Rome and the Amalfi Coast this hotel is particularly convenient.
WHAT TO SEE & DO
- I absolutely loved the shopping in Naples, especially on Corso Umberto and Via Tribunali.
- Pompeii is the perfect day trip from Naples. If you’re in the area you cannot miss this incredible historic sight. It was one of the highlights of Italy for me.
- The Royal Palace of Naples is a popular stop for tourists.
- Naples Cathedral is a beautiful church worth visiting between shopping sessions.
WHERE TO EAT
- There’s only one place you need to eat in this city, and that’s Antica Trattoria e Pizzeria Da Donato. This place makes the best pizza in the world! Considering I’m a self-proclaimed pizza connoisseur that’s a pretty serious statement.
- Dal Delicato is a great seafood restaurant where you choose your own fish.
- Da Dora is one of Georgio Armani’s favourite restaurants. If it’s good enough for him…
- Gay-Odin is the city’s best gelato.
WHERE TO DRINK
- L’Arenile de Bagnoli is a very popular club in Naples that gets huge international DJs.
- Check out “Vibes on the Beach” for awesome beach parties.