Punta Cana is one of the best all-inclusive destinations in the Caribbean. Dozens of luxurious resorts are lined up along the miles of sandy beaches on this tropical island. The best part about Punta Cana is the huge selection of 5 star properties. Here’s everything you need to know in this guide to Punta Cana.
WHERE TO STAY
- Paradisus Palma Real is Punta Cana’s most luxurious resort with amazing amenities, friendly staff and located on a great stretch of beach.
- If you want to upgrade to VIP, Paradisus Palma Real has a sister resort next door called “The Reserve”.
- For a mid-priced resort my favourite is Catalonia Royal Bavaro. Great restaurants and rooms and the grounds are stunning.
- Next door to Catalonia Royal Bavaro is the cheaper, family-friendly Catalonia Bavaro Beach Resort. Guests from the Royal side also have access to this resort.
- Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana is another resort with a great beach and selection of restaurants. This resort is also a destination wedding hot spot.
WHAT TO SEE & DO
- The beaches are the main draw in Punta Cana, so this is what you’ll be spending most of your time doing. All of the resorts are waterfront and most of them are equally as stunning – so there’s no need to visit other beaches.
- Boat trips and snorkelling excursions are popular in Dominican Republic, especially in this area. Getting out onto the water is one of the best ways to see more of Punta Cana.
- If you get a chance to visit a local shopping market be sure to take a look at the art. I bought two gorgeous oil paintings in Punta Cana.
WHERE TO EAT
- Most people who visit Punta Cana stay at an all-inclusive resort, so you never need to worry about finding restaurants since you’ll be eating all of your meals at your resort.
- I had fantastic seafood at every resort in Punta Cana, so when available I’d definitely recommend eating fresh fish or lobster!
WHERE TO DRINK
- You can’t visit Punta Cana without enjoying a few tropical cocktails. My advice? Order a pina colada!
- For a night of partying visit the club at the Hard Rock Punta Cana resort.
- Punta Cana also has a few casinos that make for a fun time!