Where do I start? Barcelona has always been a favourite of mine (we even lived there in 2014). Something about this city always leaves me wanting more. From the colourful streets to the late-night culture – it’s a very lively city with an incredible lifestyle. Follow my Quick Guide to Barcelona to fall in love with this Spanish city.
WHERE TO STAY
- The most amazing hotel in the city is Chic&Basic Born. Great rooms, unique design and friendly service!
- W Barcelona is an iconic landmark in this city, and their rooms have incredible views.
- The Renaissance Barcelona is another favourite of mine. Great location near Passieg de Gracia in a very luxurious area.
- I also had an amazing experience using Barcelona Home to rent an apartment.
WHAT TO SEE & DO
- Gaudi’s famous sights: Parc Guell, Sagrada Familia, Casa Battlo and Casa Mila.
- If your a fan of the arts the Picasso Museum, the Gran Teatre del Liceu and Palau de la Musica Catalana.
- For a relaxing afternoon visit Aire de Barcelona. A spa experience like no other.
- The Arc de Triomf has always been one of my favourite places in Barcelona.
- Two other parks worth visiting are Parc de la Ciutadella and Parc del Laberint.
- Barcelona also has a beautiful zoo and a great aquarium.
- Barcelona Cooking offers some very fun cooking classes and tapas tours.
- Don’t miss the chance to get a fish pedicure at AquaBliss Fish Spa!
WHERE TO EAT
- Bo De B for the best sandwich ever.
- Mosquito or Red Ant Noodle Bar for Asian-inspired tapas (same owners at both).
- La Paredeta for some seriously fresh seafood.
- La Plata – seriously the world’s best tapas bar. Ever.
- Ocana for a very fun dinner with a lively atmosphere.
WHERE TO DRINK
- Hotel Pulitzer’s rooftop bar is my favourite bar – and it’s usually my first stop when I arrive in Barcelona.
- Other rooftop bars worth visiting are Hotel Ohla and Grand Hotel Central.
- Wet Deck parties at the W Hotel on Sundays are legendary. Salt Beach Bar at the W Hotel is also worth visiting – especially at sunset.
- All along the beach there are great clubs. Some of my favourites are Opium, CDLC and Shoko.
- Collage Cocktail Bar makes some seriously delicious drinks.