Rome has always been one of Europe’s most popular cities – and with that popularity comes a lot of tourists. Some would argue that Rome is better known for it’s tourist traps than it’s historic sights, so it’s a good thing I’ve prepared this Quick Guide to Rome to steer you in the right direction!
WHERE TO STAY
- B&B de Monti Colosseo in Monti is a fantastic bed & breakfast at a very reasonable price. This place is a gem.
WHAT TO SEE & DO
- The Colosseum, the Roman Forum, Trevi Fountain and the Spanish Steps are all must-see spots.
- The Pantheon and Piazza Navona are also places you should visit.
- Monti was my favourite neighbourhood, and worth a visit!
- Vatican City with St Peter’s Basilica, the Vatican Museum and the Sistine Chapel is incredibly impressive.
- Monumento Nazionale a Vittoria Emanuele II is one of my favourite buildings in this historic city.
WHERE TO EAT
- Ristorante Roma Sparita is still my favourite Rome restaurant.
- For the best tiramisu of your life head to Pompi.
- Prefer cannoli? Ciuri Ciuri is the best cannoli outside of Sicily.
- Looking for the freshest food made with local ingredients? Palatium wine bar has a killer food menu to go with their huge selection of wine.
WHERE TO DRINK
- Il Piccolo for a no-fuss, casual night of great wine. Floor to ceiling wooden shelves filled with hundreds of Italian wines to choose from. The trendy staff and great music makes this place a real gem.
- For a chic affair try Palatium wine bar near the Spanish Steps.