Toronto is such an amazing city thanks to its multicultural expats and strong sense of community. You can find authentic food from any country in this city, as well as any store imaginable. There’s also an exciting nightlife with world class nightclubs, music festivals and chic wine bars. There’s literally something for everyone in Toronto. This guide to Toronto has everything you need to know!
WHERE TO STAY
- Wanna live it up in Toronto? Book a room at either the Shangri-La or the Ritz Carlton for a luxurious stay in a central location. These are my two favourite Toronto hotels.
- The Hyatt Regency is in the perfect Toronto location and it’s very reasonably priced. Best of all? You’re steps away from everything in the entertainment district.
WHAT TO SEE & DO
- First things first, go visit the CN Tower! This is the best way to get a feel for the city and a birds eye view on where everything is located. On a clear day you can even see Niagara Falls from here.
- The Distillery District is one of the coolest areas of Toronto and a great place for lunch and shopping. For a fun experience take a tour of this area with Segway of Ontario.
- On a hot summer day take the ferry to Toronto Island and rent a bike. This is a great “city escape”.
- Toronto has two amazing museums to visits, the Royal Ontario Museum and the AGO. Both are great, but the Royal Ontario Museum is definitely my favourite. Even if you don’t have time to visit you have to pass by here for a picture of the stunning exterior.
- Ripley’s Aquarium of Canada is another popular attraction in Toronto – and my favourite aquarium in the world. This brand new $130 million dollar sight is something worth seeing.
WHERE TO EAT
- For one of the city’s best burgers head to BQM Burger. They also make amazing poutine!
- Lobster rolls at Rock Lobster are to die for – and should not be missed.
- Dining with a group? Momofuku is amazing, and best reserved for a group not a couple.
- Bosk is another favourite of mine – especially their caviar doughnut appetizer!
WHERE TO DRINK
- Hands down the best bar in Toronto is Bar Chef. This mixology bar is home to the coolest, most elaborate (and sometimes most expensive) cocktails. I recommend the Sailor’s Mojito.
- Morocco Chocolat is a chocolate shop and restaurant in Yorkville that makes some amazing cocktails. This is the perfect place for a girls night.
- In the heart of summer Cabana is the hottest place to be – especially on a Sunday afternoon. Sip on mojitos while sitting poolside with one of the best views of the city skyline.
- The rooftop bar at the Thompson Hotel is also worth mentioning. Great view and a landmark in Toronto.
- Music festivals are also huge in Toronto during the summer. Digital Dreams and Veld are two I recommend.