Marrakech is easily the most exotic destination I’ve been too, and this guide to Marrakech has everything you need to know. It was overwhelming, a bit scary and exciting all at the same time. One thing’s for sure: I’m dying to go back. It’s a hot spot for celebrities and fashion designers giving it a very unique blend of exotic old-world authenticity and modern, fashionable flair. Spend your nights eating dinner by candle light in the desert, and your days at day clubs run by a company from Miami. It’s the best of both worlds.
WHERE TO STAY
- For an authentic experience stay at Riad Viva. You’ll feel like you’re living in another world in their gorgeous rooms with traditional decor. Full review can be found here.
- For a more elaborate stay, try the famous Hotel La Mamounia. This hotel is over-the-top luxury.
WHAT TO SEE & DO
- The number one sight to see in Marrakech is the Souks. For a truly unique shopping experience haggle the prices on gold jewellery and great home decor.
- Jemaa el Fna is the main square in the Old Medina of Marrakech. By day you’ll see snake charmers, orange juice stands and even a very questionable dentist. At night food stalls fill the square with some very delicious (and cheap) Moroccan eats!
- Jardin Majorelle is a garden that used to be owned by Yves Saint Laurent. It’s a beautiful place to visit and there’s plenty of shade – which makes it the perfect afternoon activity.
WHERE TO EAT
- The absolute best food you’ll have in Marrakech is the nighttime food stalls in Jemaa el Fna. Don’t miss this great experience.
- Crystal at Pacha Hotel complex is a great option for fine dinning in Marrakech.
- For a really fun night visit La Pause for a dining experience in the desert with no electricity and only candles for lighting.
WHERE TO DRINK
- The super club of Ibiza has a location here worth visiting. Of course I’m talking about Pacha Nightclub. Start your night at Rose Bar before moving to the main club after midnight.
- For daytime parties head to Nikki Beach.