Oh, Fiji! The beautiful people, that “bula spirit” and the jaw-dropping scenery. This country stole my heart before the plane wheels even touched the ground and I’m already itching to return. Thinking about visiting too? Stop thinking and just do it! Life is way too short to not indulge in the luxurious Fiji islands and all that they have to offer… and this guide to Fiji has everything you need to know.
WHERE TO STAY
- For the perfect balance of luxury and culture book a private villa at Nanuku Auberge Resort Fiji. Their service is exceptional and there’s nothing quite like an ocean view from your bed. See my full hotel review of this property right here.
WHAT TO SEE & DO
- Fiji has some of the best snorkelling in the world, so don’t miss a trip underwater to get up close and personal with starfish, lobsters, octopus and more.
- The best way to see the sunrise in Fiji is on a Stand Up Paddle Board. Head out onto the water at 6am and enjoy some of the nicest scenery you’ll ever see.
- If you’re brave enough Fiji has some of the best shark diving in the world (near Beqa Island). Unlike shark diving in other parts of the world you are NOT in a cage.
- If you’re looking to get away from the water and do something on land there’s zip lining near Pacific Harbour.
WHAT TO EAT
- Fresh fish and seafood, you’re on an island after all. Don’t miss the prawns and Wahoo!
- Lovo (a unique form of underground cooking) if you’re lucky enough to find a resort that does this.
- Taro chips
WHAT TO DRINK
- Kava, a traditional Fijian drink that’s enjoyed in a ceremonial setting. A very important part of Fiji culture!
- Fiji Bitter, a local beer with a very unique flavour. Definitely worth a try!
- Bounty Rum, best served in a mojito or pina colada.