We recently spent a weekend in Blue Mountains and it was the perfect side trip from Sydney! It was easy to get to by train and it was a welcoming change from our usual city life. Here’s a quick, easy-to-read guide to Blue Mountains that includes all the essential travel info you need:
WHERE TO STAY
- For luxury accommodation I recommend Magical Manderley in Leura. It’s walking distance to the train station, restaurants and walking trails making it the perfect location.
WHAT TO SEE & DO
- All of the attractions in Blue Mountains are fairly close, but they are spread out enough that walking isn’t an option. The best way to see everything is the Blue Mountains Explorer Bus, which is essentially a Hop On Hop Off bus that runs in a giant loop all day.
- Major attractions in Blue Mountains include: Katoomba Falls, Echo Point (The Three Sisters), Honeymoon Lookout, Leura Cascades, Gordon Falls and Scenic World.
WHERE TO EAT
- It’s no secret I love pizza, and I can definitely say I’ve eaten pizza in every country I’ve visited (if not every city), so Blue Mountains was no different. We chose Rene’s Pizza Place and we’re not disappointed.
- Based on the drool-worth pictures I saw on Pinterest and Instagram we chose Lilys Pad Cafe for our post-hike lunch. Their selection is great and everything was fresh. I had the B.L.A.T. open faced sandwich, and Paul had a meat pie. Both were amazing, as were the fresh juices!
MORE ARTICLES ABOUT THE BLUE MOUNTAINS